Prof. (Dr.) Mrs. Ranu Prasad
Prof. (Dr.) Mrs. Ranu Prasad
Department of Food, Nutrition and Public Health
B.Sc. (Home Sc.); M.Sc. (Food Sc. & Applied Nutrition) ; Ph.D;
|Area of Specialization
Food science and applied nutrition
05322684553 , 9984722224
|B.Sc||Allahabad University, Allahabad||1992|
- Completed PROJECT Funded by SHIATS entitled “Nutritional Assessment Of Rural Primary School Going Children Of Allahabad District”
- (Co-PI) Project entitled FUNDED BY UPCAR (U.P.) “Utilization of micronutrient rich Indigenous foods and their effect on the micronutrient status of school going children in Eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh”. Budget - 9.6 lacks.
- Prasad, R. and Gupta A. 2005: Study on Preservation and shelf life on Karonda Jam (Carrissa carandas L.), The Allahabad Farmer, vol. 2.LX no.1, P. 66-72.
- Prasad, R. 2003: Assessment of adult suffering from coronary heart disease. V Indian Agriculture Scientist and Farmer Congress. PP 15-17.
- Prasad, R. and Bala S., 2005: Studies on Microbial Quality of Fresh Vegetable washed in different sources of water. The Allahabad Farmer, vol. 2.LX no.1, P. 73-80.
- Prasad, R., 2010. Quality parameters of Ice-lolly prepared by incorporation of Carrot Juice. The Allahabad Farmer, vol. LX No. 2.
- Prasad, R., 2010: Preparation of Flavored Cultured Butter Milk. The Allahabad Farmer. Vol. LX No. 2.
- Dubey, N. and Prasad, R. 2012: Determination of Chemical Characteristics of value added Pineapple Jam. International Journal of Family and Home Science. Vol 8 (1): 45-49.
- Yadav, A. and Prasad, R. 2011: Studies on physico-chemical quality of root Flavored, cultured, Buttermilk. in proceeding of National Seminar On “Recent advancement in The Development of Fermented Foods” held On April 8-9 2011. PP 103-107.
- Prasad, R. and Deepti ,2011. Utilization of Ghee Residue for the preparation of Burfi .in proceeding of “International Conference” on Traditional Dairy Food” Indian Dairy research Institute Kernal 14 -19th Nov.
- Prasad, R. 2011. Flavouring of Paneer by using Fruit Juices as Coagulant. “National Conference on “Changing scenarios on Food science Technology and Agricultural Product” held on 11 -12th Nov.
- Prasad, R., 2012. Quality parameters of Ice-lolly prepared by incorporation of Fruit Juices. The Allahabad Farmer, vol...LXVIII No.1,
- Prasad, R., 2011.Impact of Nutrition Education on dietary intake of Tuberculosis patients in Proceeding 8th Joint annual conference of the “Indian society for Malaria and other communicable diseases” held on April 15 -17th ,ICMR Bhubaneswar, Odessa.
- Prasad, R., 2010. Food Irradiation –An Innovation technique for food preservation, Beverage and Food world. The Indian journal of Processed Food and Beverage industry, Vol 37(3): 51-54.
- Prasad, R., 2011. Development of Carrot cheese through value addition with guava . The Allahabad Farmer, vol.LXV1 No.2, 10-19.
- Prasad, R., 2012. Obesity Prevalence in women aged 22 –45 years in Farrukhabad District. Food Science Research Journal (International Referred Journal). Vol 2(2): 111-115.
- Prasad, R., 2012. Incorporation of Mahwa Flower ( Madhca Indica) for the preparation of Products. Editorial Book on “Recent advances in Agricultural Biotechnology”. Page 166-170.
- Prasad, R., 2012. Fortification of low fat Frozen Yoghurt with Carrot Pulp. Food Science Research Journal (International Referred Journal). Vol 2(2): 110-112.
- Prasad, R., 2012. Studies on the Evaluation of tomato varieties for the preparation of Sauce and puree. Food Science Research Journal (International Referred Journal). Vol 2(2): 116-118.
- Dubey, N. and Prasad, R., 2012. Effect of Dried herbal powder in preparation of Pineapple jelly. Food Science Research Journal (International Referred Journal). Vol 6(2): 118-122.
- Dubey, N. and Prasad, R., 2011. Formulation and analysis of incorporating herbs. Journal of Dairying Foods and Home Science.
- Dubey, N. and Prasad, R., 2012.Development of pineapple jam through value addition. Bioved Research Society. 23(1).1-4.
- Sharma, P and Prasad, R. 2011. Effect of supplementation of Neem (Azadirachta indica) and Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) leaves on blood glucose level of diabetic patient. Indian Journal of Medical Research. Vol 5 pp 16-18.
- Prasad, R., and Shruti, A. 2012. Preparation of Healthy beverages by incorporation Aswagandha roots powder. Indian journal of experimental biology .Vol 9.
- Handa, R. and Prasad,R. 2008. Assessment of Nutritional Status of 7-10 Years School Going Children of Allahabad District: A Review. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 3 (3): 109-115.
- Daniel Madhvi , and Prasad Ranu 2012 . Calcium: Key to weight Loss. Journal of Community Nutrition & Health, Vol.1, Issue 2.
- Madhvi Daniel And Ranu Prasad And Sushma 2012. Effect of Calcium on Weight Management and Lipid Profile. International Journal of Medical Sciences. Volume 5 ( 1 & 2) 4-6. Impact factor: 2.32
- Stuti Agrawal and Ranu Prasad 2011. Sensory and Nutritional Characteristics of Ice-lolly with Carrot Flavour. International Journal Of Multidisciplinary Research .Vol.1 Issue 6, October 2011. Impact 5.72
- Stuti Agrawal and Ranu Prasad (2012). Effect of Tulsi on Organoleptic Qualities of Low Fat Yoghurt. Bioved, 23(1): 85-88.
- Stuti Agarwal, and Ranu Prasad (2012). Organoleptic Characteristics of Low-Fat Frozen Flavoured Yoghurt. Bioved, 23(1): 29-33.
- Dubey Nidhi, and Prasad Ranu (2012). To assess the nutritional status of women suffering from Hypothyroidism. Bioved, 23(1): 43-45.
- Yadav, A. and Prasad, R. 2013. Studies on Nutritional quality of Idli fortified with whey Protein concentrates” Trends In Biosciences. Vol (6): 1, 54-55.
- Prasad, R., 2013. Value addition of Pineapple based Food products. Food Science Research Journal (International Referred Journal). Vol 5(2): 113-115.
- Dubey Nidhi and Prasad Ranu (2013). A study on nutritional status of adolescent girls suffering from anaemia in rural area. The Allahabad Farmer, vol. LXIX No.1, P. 27-32.
- Stuti Agarwal and Ranu Prasad (2013) .Effect of Stabilizer on sensory characteristics and microbial analysis of low –fat frozen yoghurt incorporated with carrot pulp. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science Technology.4(8),796-807.
34.Kumari Priyanka, Prasad Ranu, Gupta Alka, PariharRubi, Gangwar Kiran, Sheikh Sarita (2014). Sensory evaluation of value added sprouts cutlet developed by using Aloe vera (Aloe succotrina) leaves. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science. 3(4), 09-11. Impact factor: 1.015
- Ranu Prasad, Alka Gupta, Ruby Parihar and Kiran Gangwar (2014). In vitro method for predicting the bioavailability of iron from Bathua (Chenopodium album) and Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) leaves in Indian cookies. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 6 (2): 701 – 706. Naas Rating : 5.08
- Jaya Tripathi, Alka Gupta, Ranu Prasad, Vinita Puranik (2014). Enhancing micronutrient content of beverage powder by incorporating malted finger millet. Indian journal of community Health. Vol. 26.
- Marak Sengnolotha and Prasad Ranu (2015). Utilization of jujube berries (dry) and oranges (fresh) for the preparation of nutritious jam. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH 4, (6), 28-30.
21 years Teaching Experience UG ,PG & Research
| Additional Positions
|Dean||Ethilind School of Home Science|
|Head||Department of Food, Nutrition and Public Health|
|Member of Anti Ragging Cell||SHIATS|
|Research Coordinator||Ethilind School of Home Science|
|Associate Director Student Welfare||SHIATS|