1.1 Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences is a Christian Minority Educational Institute within the meaning of Article 30 (1) of the Constitution of India. Under this provision and as per the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, dated the 6th of December 1991, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi Vs. University of Delhi, and party overruled by the 11 Judges Constitution Bench in T.M.A. Pai Foundation v/s State of Karnataka dated 31st of October 2002, that 50% seats shall be reserved for the candidates of the Christian Community and the remaining 50% shall be allotted to general candidates strictly by merit. Christian Candidates are required to submit the following documents at the time of Counselling.
a) Letter of recommendation from
the pastor of the Church duly authenticated by the Senior Pastor or Bishop.
b) Baptism Certificate/Confirmation Certificate.
Note: Letter of recommendation not signed by the appropriate church agency shall not be considered under this category. If any doubt arises with regard to any of the above documents submitted by the candidates at any stage, the Registrar reserves the right to cancel the candidature/admission under church- sponsored category after seeking necessary clarification.
1.2 SHUATS is an all-India institution founded by Christian churches and organizations in India and in accordance with its policy and constitution, draws students from all over the country. It receives its human resources from various parts of the country to impart education, conduct research and execute extension programmes imbued with zeal and spirit of service in accordance with the Christian belief.
1.3 The information indicated in this prospectus is only for general guidance and could be modified / changed from time to time by the Academic Council/Executive Council of the university.
1.4 All admissions in the university shall be made strictly on merit as determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the ENTRANCE TEST/ DIRECT INTERVIEW, conducted by SHUATS.
1.5 Any legal matters shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Allahabad only.
2.1 Manual Application Form
A common application form shall be applicable for all academic programmes irrespective of undergraduate, postgraduate, B.Ed., B.P.Ed., M.Ed. and diploma for admission through entrance test or direct interview (excluding Ph.D, for Ph.D refer 6.6 on Page No. 112)
i. The prospectus and application form can be obtained by sending a crossed bank draft for Rs. 450.00 (i.e., Rs.400/- for Prospectus & Application Forms and Rs.50/- for postal charges) or $30.00 in favour of the Registrar, Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology And Sciences, Allahabad by registered post.
Note: (Postal orders/ cheques or money orders are not acceptable).
ii. The prospectus and application forms will be available on cash payment of Rs. 400.00 (i.e. Rs.400/- for Prospectus and Application Forms ) from the university fee counter on any working day, i.e., from Monday to Friday (09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.).
iii. Fee for entrance test shall be payable as per Table 1 on Page 114.
2.2 Submission of Manual Application Form
The application forms A & B duly completed in all respect and accompanied with an account payee bank draft of prescribed entrance test/ direct interview Fee (Table No. 1) in favour of SHUATS, payable at Allahabad or a university cash receipt of the aforesaid amount must reach The Registrar, SHUATS, PO. Agricultural Institute, Allahabad on or before May 15, 2017.
2.3 Online Application
The candidates can also choose to apply through online application form available on the university website www.shuats.edu.in
ii. Last date for applying online Form is May 20, 2017. Once form is filled online, a challan will be generated for Rs. 1,200/- for UG and PG programmes and Rs. 1,400/- for B.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes, which shall be deposited either at the PNB Bank or at Axis Bank branches PAN India or through SBI net banking (SBI Collect) by way of debit / credit card, etc.; thereafter a copy of the challan duly affixed with a photograph must reach the Registrar’s office positively by May 22, 2017.
3.1 Regular Students
Candidates selected for admission into various academic programmes offered by the university are considered as fulltime regular students. These students will be entitled to avail of all the facilities of the various academic departments and other fields in the university.
A.Christian and General Candidates
University reserves 50% seats for candidates of the Christian community and the remaining 50% seats shall be allotted to general candidates strictly by merit. Thus, the total number of seats of the university have been categorized equally for Christian and general candidates. The total number of seats for admission in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are given faculty wise in Table No.8.
B. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Candidates
For the academic programmes in agriculture, agricultural engineering and allied sciences, fifteen percent (15%) seats in undergraduate programmes and twenty five percent (25%) seats in postgraduate programmes will be filled through all India entrance test conducted by ICAR, New Delhi. However, eighty five percent (85%) seats in undergraduate and seventy five percent (75%) in postgraduate shall be filled through entrance test conducted by the SHUATS scheduled for May 31, 2017.
The ICAR seats available in various academic programmes in agriculture, agricultural engineering and allied sciences are given faculty-wise in Table No. 8.
The ICAR category seats are inclusive of christian and general candidates and the number filled in either category shall be adjusted against total seats in each category. Candidates should directly apply to ICAR for admission in the ICAR category at this university. Counseling for allotment of seats in ICAR category for the admission to this university will be done by ICAR, New Delhi.
C. Foreign Candidates
Foreign candidates are not required to appear in the entrance test. They shall pay fees in U.S. dollars as it is mentioned in Table No. 9. This does not include the boarding and lodging (food expenses etc.) charges. Refer Table No. 9 for details.
D. Non-resident Indian (NRI) Candidates
i) Admission for NRI wards/NRI-sponsored candidates is available in all undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. Programmes
ii) NRI wards/NRI sponsored candidates are exempted from the entrance test.
iii) These admissions shall be against fifteen percent (15 %) over and above seats available for various academic programmes.
iv) Fees for NRI Wards/NRI sponsored candidates shall be the same as for foreign candidates given under Foreign Candidates No. 3.1 C.
E. Kashmiri Migrant Candidates
Vide letter F.1-1/2012 (SA-III) dated December 05, 2013 from UGC, Government of India, the Kashmiri Migrants will be considered for admission under special package during the session 2017–2018. They will be required to produce the supportive documents. The Entrance Test Fee shall be as per Table1 on page no. 114.
3.2 Special Candidates
a. Candidates attending short courses under non-formal education or any other schools are considered in this category. Opportunity in the form of non-formal education is provided to candidates who wish to study some particular phase of agriculture or wish to get sufficient education or experience to be able to do research or independent work in the special chosen field. Candidates should contact concerned schools directly. No regular classes are held for students taking up this course, they learn by observation and gain practical experience by attending special classes arranged by the concerned departments/schools, in which they wish to be trained.
b. Candidates with first-class diploma and fulfilling other conditions of admission in engine ering shall be considered for direct admission to third semester of relevant UG programmes in the Faculty of Engineering and Technology if seats are available.
3.3 Auditing of Courses
Staff and students of SHUATS may avail the facility of auditing any course (subject) being taught on campus with the permission of the Registrar, SHUATS. However no credit will be awarded to the students for this course.
Admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes shall be granted through ENTRANCE TEST, strictly on the basis of merit. However, there are few programmes for which the admission will take place through DIRECT INTERVIEW, which will be held on July 12, 2017 followed by registration and admission by depositing the fees on the same day. (Table No. 2)
Note: A common application form shall be applicable for all academic programmes irrespective of the course (undergraduate, postgraduate) for which admission in sought, whether through entrance test or direct interview (Ph.D. excluded)
4.1 Eligibility for Admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
The eligibility for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes will be determined on the basis of the qualifying examination. The eligible programmes are grouped Subject- wise. (Refer Table Nos, 4 & 6). For admission to academic programmes of the university, the candidate will be grouped into various subject group code for undergraduate and subject group number for postgraduate programmes.
These subject group code/ subject group number will be determined on the basis of the qualifying examination of the candidate.
Candidates will be called for faculty-level test and interview for admission to the academic programmes given in Table
No. 2. Page No. 114. Candidates are advised to contact the respective school deans of these programmes.
6. 1 Eligibility for Undergraduate Programmes
10+2 passed with at least 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST/ differently abled candidates as per their qualifying examination are eligible for admission to undergraduate programmes (check the eligibility criteria from Table No. 8 also) as mentioned in Table No. 4. The candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance test, but they will have to submit documentary proof of successfully completing the examination at the time of counseling. Non submission of documentary evidence of completion of the examination and attaining eligibility by the time of counseling will disqualify him/ her for admission.
6.2 *Eligibility for Postgraduate Programmes
Candidates having obtained their bachelor's degree in the final examination in the concerned field under 10+2+4 or 10+2+3 as per their qualifying examination are eligible for admission to PG programmes as mentioned in Table No. 6.
The candidates appearing in bachelor's degree examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance test, but they will have to submit documentary proof of successfully completing the examination at the time of counseling. Non submission of documentary evidence of completion of the examination and attaining eligibility by the time of counseling will disqualify him/ her for admission.
* Note: Minimum eligibility for admission in PG programmes, please refer Table No. 8 of the concerned faculty. For SC / ST / differently abled candidates, there is a relaxation of 5% in the minimum eligibility.
6.3 Eligibility for B.Ed. Programme
Candidates with at least 50% marks in the bachelor's/ master's degree with at least two school subjects at the graduation level are eligible for admission.
Practice of Teaching
Every candidate will have to teach twenty (20) lessons each in two subjects selecting one subject each
from the groups given in Table No. 3.
6.4 *Eligibility for B.P.Ed. Programme
BPE with 50% marks or bachelors degree with physical education as an elective subject with 45% marks and participation in national / all-India inter university / inter university competition
Note: There will be a separate entrance test for B.P.Ed.
6.5 *Eligibility for M.Ed. Programme
B.Ed. with atleast 55% marks.
Note: * The eligibility for B.Ed., B.P.Ed., and M.Ed Programme shall be as per the latest NCTE Norms
6.6 *Eligibility for Ph.D. Programme
Regular master degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks (or 6.00 CGPA/OGPA) for general candidate and 50% marks (or 5.5 CGPA/OGPA) for SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.
Note:* For Ph.D. programmes online application form will be available in June 2017 (I Session) and December 2017 (II Session). Entrance Test for Ph.D. programmes will be held in July 2017 and January 2018.
7.1 Test Booklets for Undergraduate Programmes
All candidates for the admission to undergraduate programmes are required to attempt questions from undergraduate booklet UG-1 or UG-2 as per their qualifying examination.
Details of Undergraduate Test Booklets :
|Test Booklets||Subjects||Subject Group Code|
|UG I||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Home Science||PCM/PCB/PCMB/HBC|
|UG 2||Agriculture, Arts Subjects and Commerce||AGRI/ARTS/COM|
(For the Subject Group Codes)
PCM / PCB / PCMB / HBC group
(iv). Home Science
Candidates of all the subject groups mentioned above are required to attempt the compulsory section (A)
From the optional section (B) the candidates are required to attempt any Three Subjects as per their qualifying examination and subject group code filled in the admission form.
(For the Subject Group Codes)
AGRI / ARTS / COM
A) Compulsory Section
B) Optional Section
(i). AGRI for Agriculture
(ii). ARTS for Arts Subjects
(iii). COM for Commerce
Candidates of the above mentioned subject group codes are required to attempt the compulsory section (A) and any One from the optional section (B) from Undergraduate Test booklet UG-2 as per their subject group code filled in the application form.
7.2 Test Booklets for Postgraduate Programmes (PG, B.Ed.,
All candidates for PG programmes are required to attempt the compulsary section (A) and any one from the optional section (B) of PG Test Booklet as per their qualifying examinations.
Candidates appearing for B.Ed. & M.Ed. programmes are required to attempt questions from the additional section;
(C) B.Ed. section/ (D) M.Ed. Section as per their qualifying examination and choice filled in the application form.
Details of Postgraduate Test Booklets :
|Test Booklets||Subjects||Subject Group Code|
|(A) PG Section||Agriculture, Home Science, Biology, Science,
[ABF] for (Agri. Engg./Food Tech./Dairy Tech./Biotech)
[ETE] for (ME / EE / EEE / CSE / IT / ECE etc.), others|| AGRI/BIO/HSC/SCI/ABF/ETE/OTH|
|(B) B.Ed. Section||Additional Section For B. Ed.|
|(C) M.Ed. Section||Additional Section For M.Ed.|
(For the Subject Group Codes)
(C). B.Ed. Section:
(Additional Section for B. Ed.)
(D). M.Ed. Section:
(Additional Section for M. Ed.)
Entrance test for all undergraduate (UG) programmes will be conducted in both HINDI & ENGLISH languages.
Entrance test for all postgraduate (PG) programmes including B.Ed. & M.Ed. will be conducted in ENGLISH language only.
Negative Marking- For each wrong answer 1.0 mark will be deducted.
The ENTRANCE TEST for the various undergraduate, postgraduate, B.Ed., and M. Ed. programmes will be conducted on the following dates at all the centers listed in the prospectus in two sessions as applicable to the applicant.
1. Undergraduate Programmes
Date: May 31, 2017 (Morning Session)
Time : 9:00am. to 11:00 a.m.
2. Postgraduate, B.Ed. and M.Ed. Programmes
Date: May 31, 2017 (Evening Session)
Time : 02:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m.
30 Minutes for additional section of B.Ed./ M.Ed.
(i.e. 04:00 p.m to 04:30 p.m)
3. B. P. Ed.
There will be a separate entrance test on 12th July 2016 for B.P.Ed. For details please visit our website, www.shuats.edu.in
The admit card will be available on the website of SHUATS only (www.shuats.edu.in) from
May 15th, 2017
The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website at www.shuats.edu.in. However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
1. Separate merit lists will be prepared for each category (Christian & general) based on the total marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance test for the purpose of admission.
2. Separate merit lists under each category (Christian and general) for undergraduate, postgraduate B.Ed. and M.Ed. as per application form number will be displayed on the notice boards of the university by June 10, 2017 and will also be available on the university Website at www.shuats.edu.in the same day.
3. Out of the eligible programmes under the Subject Group Code for UG and
Subject Group Number for PG programmes, the candidate will be provisionally admitted in only one programme, strictly on the basis of merit and availability of seat in the respective programme under Christian/ general category of seats.
4. The NRI Wards/ NRI-sponsored candidates shall be admitted on the basis of a separate merit list prepared exclusively for them. These admissions shall be against 15 percent over and above the seats available in various academic programmes.
5. Fifteen percent seats in undergraduate programmes and twenty five percent seats (25%) in postgraduate programmes in agricultural and allied subjects will be allotted through all India entrance test conducted by ICAR, New Delhi.
Counselling of candidates as per the ranking in each category (Christian and general) will be done for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Information regarding date and time of counselling will be given on the internet. Applicants will be required to download their call letter for the counselling from the university website only (at www.shuats.edu.in)
1. Candidates found using unfair means in the entrance test of this university shall be rejected and further debarred from seeking admission in the university in the future.
2. It is the responsibility of the candidate to furnish complete and correct information in the application form. Any admission made on the basis of wrong or concealed information supplied by the candidate or due to any oversight or error of the entrance test and examination division which is subsequently detected after the admission or joining of the candidate, will be cancelled at any time at the cost and the risk of the candidate.
3. Candidates against whom disciplinary action has been taken and who have been involved in any sort of established criminal offence in the past, will not be considered for admission.
4. If admission of a candidate is not in the interest of the university, the Vice- Chancellor reserves the right to cancel the admission of such a student, irrespective of the fact that he/ she fulfils all the academic requirement of the programme. The decision of Vice- Chancellor shall be final and legally binding on the candidate.
1. Eligible candidates of SC/ST/Minority category of Uttar Pradesh will be given scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2-2013 dated 02/12/2013.
2. Eligible candidates of OBC / General category will also be given scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2-2013 dated 02/12/2013.
Important documents to be submitted with duly filled application form
1. Caste Certificate
2. Domicile Certificate
3. Income Certificate *
* Annual Income of the Parents should be less than rupees two lakh for OBC / General / Minority / SC / ST.
Note: Students whose parents are in Govt. Job will not be eligible for this scholarship.
1. There will be two semesters (Autumn Semester & Spring Semester) in one academic year.
2. In order to maintain continuous evaluation, there will be three term examinations during each semester.
The breakup of marks will be as under:-
Assignments / Quiz 20 %
First Term Exam 20 %
Second Term Exam 20 %
End Term Exam 40 %
3. Each semester will have 120 working days including examinations.
4. The syllabus will consist of 3 parts
5. The content for the term examination shall be as follows:
1st term shall contain 30% of the syllabus, 2nd term next 30% of the syllabus excluding first term.
6. The question paper for the end term examination shall be prepared from the entire syllabus. It shall contain 20% questions from the first term syllabus, 20% questions from the second term syllabus and 60% questions for the end term syllabus, respectively
7. 1st term examination shall be conducted 30 – 35 days after start of the academic session.
8. The 2nd term examination will be held 60 – 70 days after the start of the academic session.
9. The end term examination will be held after 110 days after the start of academic session.
10. There could also be special semesters during breaks i.e. winter and summer.
11. Academic calendar of the University will be followed for various academic activities.
12. Fee for every semester shall be deposited as per the academic calendar of the University.
13. As per the guidelines of UGC and AICTE, 75% Attendance is mandatory in every course, failing which the student will not be allowed to appear in End Term Examination of the semester.
14. There shall be continuous assessment of students throughout the semester through assignments, class participation, quizzes, and term examinations.
15. Semester Grade Point Average and Cumulative Grade Point Average (SGPA & CGPA) will be on the basis of points earned in the courses studied.
16. Statement of Marks of every semester will be available in the beginning of consecutive semester.
17. Unsuccessful students in course(s) may take up Repeat Examination.
18. Unsuccessful students in Repeat Examination of course(s) will be required to re-register the course(s) in the pertinent semester of consecutive year(s).
FOR DETAILED RULES , PLEASE LOGON TO THE WEBSITE www.shuats.edu.in
P.O. Agricultural Institute,
P.O. Agricultural Institute,